Amatsiko is a registered community based organization (CBO) operating in South- Western Uganda, Kabale District, Kigezi region. The idea for the project was initially conceived in 2005 by Alex Atuheire, the project director, after he saw the detrimental effects that being orphaned or vulnerable had on the future of the community's children.
Who is Seth Gillman?
Seth Gillman is a counsellor from London, UK. He first got involved with Amatsiko while a volunteer coach with Ruislip Town FC. He organised a large donation of football kit from RTFC to Amatsiko, which he personally delivered while on a trip to Uganda with his family in 2014. This was in addition to a set of kits kindly donated by Crystal Palace FC, an English Premier League Club, as well as a large quantity of educational and other equipment which was also delivered personally by Seth and his family.
Seth and his wife and two children travelled to Uganda in August 2014 and spent a week in Kabale volunteering for Amatsiko. While there the family helped with schoolwork, sports activities, arts and crafts and sustainable small-scale agriculture within the Amatsiko community. Since then Seth and his family have maintained their connection with Amatsiko and have been involved in raising funds and awareness of Amatsiko’s work.
Seth has donated two birthdays to Amatsiko, contributing over £1000 to their projects. More recently he played a leading role in raising over £500 for children with hydrocephalus to have life-saving surgery in Uganda, which has resulted in two young children having operations which will change their lives for the better.
Seth continues to support Amatsiko’s work in whatever ways he can and maintains strong bonds with those in Uganda and beyond who contribute to this hugely important mission.
We guarantee that at least 85% of money donated to the project will be used to directly benefit the children that we support. The remaining 15% will be used for the running costs and overheads of the project. Read More
Amatsiko Preparatory School
The Amatsiko Preparatory School was established in 2013. During the community participatory conference and community mapping, the community opinion leaders, district stakeholders and Amatsiko organization; It was noted that the major causes of deaths, insecurity, thefts and other crime related activities in the area was by mainly the idle children.